Britt tries out fabric printing with the Sweeper Bot’s bodysuit! The pattern and details are sketched onto a zentai suit, then cut apart and transferred to Photoshop. The design is digitally drawn and refined, then printed through Spoonflower. After sewing the printed fabric together into a new undersuit, velcro and snap attachments keep all the foam armor pieces in place.
Attaching Velcro to Foam and Fabric – Sweeper Bot Feet
Prop: Shop – Strapping Your Foam Armor
Tools and Materials:
- Zentai Bodysuits
- Second Skin Lycra Bodysuits
- Spoonflower – Fabric Printing
- Spoonflower Design Tools – Color Map and Sample Pack
- Rotary Cutter – Amazon
- Stretch Machine Needles-Size 11/75 – Amazon
- Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
- Zipper 30″ – Amazon
- Sew-On Snaps – Amazon
- Upholstery Foam – Amazon
- Velcro – Amazon
- Elastic – Amazon
- Form Fitting Riding Gloves – Amazon
- McCall’s Patterns M7217 Bodysuit by Yaya Han – Amazon
Punished Props Mission: Transforming passionate fans into confident, skillful makers.
Tune in every week for prop and costume tutorial videos on Monday and Wednesday!
Fun ways to help our channel:
Become a patron!
Buy our books!
Share your projects with us on twitter!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.