A real, metal plated chrome finish can be an expensive process for prop making. In this tutorial, Bill shows how to achieve a faux chrome metal finish using paints and an airbrush.
Tools & Materials
- Nitrile Rubber Gloves – Amazon
- Spray Paint Primer – Amazon
- Grease & Wax Remover – Amazon
- Alclad Black Lacquer
- Alclad “High Shine” Finishes
- Alclad Clear Coats
- Basic Airbrush Kit – Amazon
- Respirator & 6001 Filter – Amazon
- Auto Air Gloss Black & Quicksilver Paint
- Mirror Chrome Spray Paint (Purchased at Local Hardware Store)
- Epsilon Epoxy
Punished Props Mission: Transforming passionate fans into confident, skillful makers.
Tune in every week for prop and costume tutorial videos on Monday and Wednesday!
Fun ways to help our channel:
Become a patron!
Buy our books!
Share your projects with us on twitter!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.