What if the “flame” in Andúril, the Flame of the West, was a lightsaber? This is what inspired us to make a Lord of the Rings sword that looks like it could be in the Star Wars universe! (they’re both epic fantasies, after all)
Anycubic Wash & Cure Plus Machine
Support our content by joining the Extra Credit Club!
How To Wrap Text in Fusion 360 using Emboss – 3D Printing Nerd
Layer Exposure Time Validation Matrix
Tethan Props – LotR Lightsabers
- Individual Components (Reference Veteran Kit)
- Electronics (Reference Veteran Kit)
- Blades (Used 37 Inch) (Reference Veteran Kit)
Tools and Materials:
- Bill’s Shop Tools
- Acryl Green Spot Putty – Amazon
- Evercoat Rage Body Filler – Amazon
- Aluminum Tubing – For the handle
1-1/4″ OD, 0.049″ Wall Thickness, 1 Foot Long
- Threaded rod 1/4″ – For the guard
Local Hardware Store
- Smooth-On Epoxy – Amazon
- 5-minute Epoxy – Amazon
- “Set Screw” Grub Screw Set – Amazon
- Super Glue (CA glue) – Amazon
- Super Glue Accelerator – Amazon
- Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Gray Primer – Amazon
- Krylon Fusion All-In-One Textured Black Spray Paint
- Alclad Gloss Black
Local Hobby Store (Spaz Stix sells a black base on Amazon, too)
- Spaz Stix Mirror Chrome – Amazon
- Tamiya Gold Leaf – Amazon
- Alclad Aqua Gloss – Amazon
Punished Props Mission: Transforming passionate fans into confident, skillful makers.
Share your projects with us on twitter!
Music from Artlist: Sunday by Roger, Rivas Queen of the Road by Leva, Breathe by Roman P, Bring Home The Beats by Jake Bradford-Sharp
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.