The Noisy Cricket blaster, from the movie Men in Black, has been on Bill’s list to make for years! Resin 3D printing, molding and casting, electronics, and stellar metallic painting really bring this prop to life! Bill has spent years learning Fusion 360 to be able to make 3D models like this and would love to show you how!
Tools and Materials:
- Bill’s Tools
- Anycubic Photon Mono X – Amazon
- Flexible Build Plate – Amazon
- Siraya Tech Smoky Black – Amazon
- Steel Rod 1/8″ diameter
Local Home Center
- Decorative & Handle Screws – M3 x 4mm (x8)
- Trigger Screw – M3 x 8mm
- Hammer Screw – M3 x 16mm
- Trigger Spring – The spring I found was about 2mm on the outer diameter and about 10mm long. I ended up cutting it in half to make it short enough. This is the closest I could find on Amazon
- Magnets 3mm x 1.5mm Round – Amazon
- Screw Pliers – Amazon
- Smooth-On Epoxy – Amazon
- Super Glue (CA glue) – Amazon
- Super Glue Accelerator – Amazon
- Plastic Polish – Amazon
- Smooth-On Mold Max 29NV
- 5 Gallon Pressure Pot
- Stainless Steel Surgical Retractors – Amazon
- Smooth Cast Onyx Fast Resin – Amazon
- Vacuum Chamber – Amazon
- Alclad Gloss Black
Local Hobby Store (Spaz Stix sells a black base on Amazon, too)
- Spaz Stix Mirror Chrome – Amazon
- Alclad Aqua Gloss – Amazon
Punished Props Mission: Transforming passionate fans into confident, skillful makers.
Share your projects with us on twitter!
Music from Artlist
Mister by Anthony Vega
The Chase by Anthony Vega
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.