Bill always wanted his own Star Trek Combadge, but is it worth making one out of metal? Bill 3D modeled the Deep Space 9 (or Voyager!) shape and then cut a badge out of metal… but also 3D printed one out of resin plastic!
Download Star Trek DS9/Voyager Combadge (under Props section)
Thank you for the CNC, Carbide 3D! You’re the best, Winston! Shapeoko 4 – CNC Router
Tools and Materials:
- Brass sheet 1/4″ Aluminum sheet 1/16″
- Magnets 6 x 2 mm – Amazon
- Shapeoko 4 – CNC Router
- Anycubic Photon Mono X – 3D Resin Printer – Amazon
- Sandpaper Cutter – Amazon
- Polishing Wheel – similar to mine on Amazon
- Alclad Gloss Black Local Hobby Store (Spaz Stix sells a black base on Amazon, too)
- Spaz Stix Mirror Chrome – Amazon
- Alclad Polished Brass
- Alclad Aqua Gloss – Amazon
- Super Glue – Amazon
Punished Props Mission: Transforming passionate fans into confident, skillful makers.
Share your projects with us on twitter!
Music from Artlist
I Love Us by Katrina Stone
Weekend by Rex Banner
Bones by Duffmusiq
Drive like Crazy by Evert Z
Yesterday Has Yet To Come – Clemens Ruh
Bring Home The Beats by Jake Bradford-Sharp
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.