Jinx’s modified butterfly, from the show Arcane, was perfect practice for working with brass. The butterfly also lights up when you set it on the base. We learned so much from this build!
Link to SVG and STEP Files for Butterfly
Learn Fusion 360 from Bill’s Beginner’s Guide Video Course
Support Punished Props Academy content by joining the Extra Credit Club!
Tools and Materials:
- Bill’s Shop Tools
- Shapeoko 4 – CNC Router
- Stay-Brite Silver Solder Kit – Amazon
- Brazing Flux – Amazon
- Silver Solder for Brazing – Amazon
- MAPP Torch – Amazon
- Mini Butane Torch – Amazon
- Brass Pickling Kit – Amazon
- Needle Files – Amazon
- Scotch-Brite Scour Pads – Amazon
- Rotary Tool – Abrasive Buffing Wheels – Amazon
- Stencil Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Brayer – Amazon
- Ferric Chloride Copper (and brass) Etchant Solution – Amazon
- Super Glue – CA Glue – Amazon
- Super Instant Epoxy – Amazon
- Anycubic Photon Mono X – Amazon
- Siraya Tech Clear 3D Print Resin – Amazon
- Soldering Station
- Enameled Copper Wire – Amazon
- Linseed Oil & Beeswax Polish
- Metal Decorative Gears – Amazon
- Plaid FX Paint
Punished Props Mission: Transforming passionate fans into confident, skillful makers.
Fun ways to help our channel:
Join our Extra Credit Club!
Buy our books!
Share your projects with us on twitter!
Music from Artlist
Roadside Rodeo by SLPSTRM
Urban Rebel by Ikoliks
Catching Lightning by Alex Mastronardi
Come With Me by Ikoliks
Bring Home The Beats by Jake Bradford-Sharp
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.